2022 Fully Funded Mext Scholarship
If you want to study in Japan on a scholarship, you should read this post all the way through. Because we will explain what the MEXT scholarship 2022/23 is, as well as its benefits and the application process step by step, in this post.
The MEXT Scholarship 2022-2023 provides international students with full funding for their education. Students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, or training degrees are eligible for this award. The MEXT scholarship will cover all of your educational expenses, including tuition, room and board, a monthly living stipend, and round-trip flights from your home country to Japan.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who want to study at a Japanese university as a master’s or doctoral student in an undergraduate or research program.
The Call for Applications for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is usually issued in April. This scholarship does not require any prior knowledge of Japanese or the IELTS or TOEFL exams.
The Embassy of Mext strongly recommends this scholarship. Your application will be forwarded to the Japanese embassy in your home country.
Also Read: International Scholarships For US Students 2022
MEXT Scholarship Summary
- Undergraduate, Master’s, Doctoral, and training programs are available.
- The institution(s) in question here are Japanese universities.
- Learn more about Japan
- Courses: Japanese universities offer every course you can think of, from Social Science to Engineering, Medicine to Health, Arts to Humanities, and everything in between. There are no restrictions placed on the academic fields that can be studied.
- The Bachelor’s degree takes 3–5 years, the Master’s degree takes 1–2 years, and the Doctoral degree takes 3–4 years.
- Scholarships offered by MEXT The deadline varies from country to country and embassy to embassy (click here to check deadlines).
Scholarship Assistance from the MEXT
This scholarship, known as the MEXT Scholarship 2023, will allow international students to study in Japan for free. As a result of being awarded this scholarship, the recipient will receive the following benefits:
- Allowances like a monthly stipend and a preparation work allowance (2022 Rate).
- Fees for education will be covered by MEXT. This includes fees for the entrance examination as well as tuition fees at universities.
- MEXT will pay for your round-trip airfare from your country to Japan as part of the travel expenses you incur while visiting Japan as part of this exchange program. The airplane ticket that you purchased will be for the economy class journey.
- Universities offer housing in the form of residence halls that are just for international students.
Criteria for Eligibility to Receive a MEXT Scholarship in 2022
For a candidate to be considered for a MEXT Scholarship, he or she must meet all of the following requirements:
- The mandatory language is English.
- All countries throughout the world are considered eligible.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country that maintains diplomatic ties with Japan in order to be considered.
- If a candidate has Japanese citizenship at the time of their application, they will not be considered.
- You must be at least 17 years old and younger than 25 years old, and you must have finished 12 years of schooling or have completed courses at a school that is similar to a high school in order to be considered an undergraduate student (including prospective graduates).
- You must be under the age of 35 and a college graduate in order to apply to master’s or doctoral programs (including prospective graduates). Alternatively, you need to have finished 16 or 18 years of schooling.
- You must be under the age of 35 and a graduate of a college or a teacher-training institution in order to be eligible for the teacher-training student position. You are required to have worked as a teacher for at least five years, either in a primary school, secondary school, or college that prepares teachers in your own country.
- Those interested in studying Japanese need to be between the ages of 18 and 30 to apply. Applicants have to be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools outside of Japan that major in Japanese language or Japanese culture at the time that they come to Japan, and they have to be enrolled in their home institutions at the time that they return to their home countries after studying in Japan.
Also Read: The Susan Buffett scholarship 2022
How to Apply for a Scholarship from the MEXT in 2023
For your application to be considered for a MEXT Scholarship, please send it in according to these rules:
- You can find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country by using this page.
- Please check out the webpage of the Japanese Embassy in your nation. You may get more information about the MEXT scholarship by clicking on the Education/Scholarship link.
- You may fill out the MEXT scholarship application by downloading it and then filling it out.
- Send the papers on the necessary list (which may be seen below) to the Japanese Embassy in your country.
- The Japanese Embassy is going to have a written examination for you to complete. You may find a sample written test here, along with the answers.
- Following that, interviews with the potential applicants will be carried out.
- Candidates who are selected for further consideration will be notified by email or posted on the embassy website.