Pearson Scholarships- The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships provide outstanding international students with the opportunity to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the cities with the highest concentration of different cultures. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the world. Students who excel academically and creatively, as well as those who are regarded as leaders in their respective schools, will be recognized through the scholarship program. The student’s impact on the day-to-day operations of their school and community, as well as their future potential to make a positive difference in the lives of people all over the world, is heavily weighted in the evaluation process.
These scholarships are awarded on an annual basis to recognize outstanding students from all over the world, including students from other countries who are enrolled in high schools in Canada. This is the University of Toronto’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for students from countries other than the United States. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover full-time residence, tuition, books, and miscellaneous fees for a four-year period. The grant is only available to students enrolled in first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. Each year, approximately 37 students will be chosen to receive the Lester B. Pearson Scholar award.
First, you need to have your current school recommend you for the program, and then you need to send in an application to the undergraduate program at the University of Toronto. Only then will you be eligible to be considered for the Pearson Scholarship. Have a discussion about the possibility of receiving a nomination with the guidance counselor at your school. You will get a link to the application that is both personalized and secure after you have been chosen for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship and after you have submitted your application to the University of Toronto. The link will be sent to you after you have completed both of these steps.
Students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and innovation, who are recognized as school leaders, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future are eligible to apply for the Pearson Scholars program. They stand out from other students with comparable academic achievement because of the breadth and depth of their interests, the intellectual vigor with which they approach problems, and the impact they have on the life of their school and community.
You must be one of the following to be eligible for the Pearson International Scholarship:
- An international student is someone who is not a Canadian citizen and requires a study permit.
- By June 2022, you must be in your senior year of high school or have graduated.
- In September 2023, you will begin your studies at the University of Toronto (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To apply, you will need to:
- Get nominated by your school. (High schools that haven’t already been contacted or verified are asked to fill out an application here to join our program. (external link)) (external link)
- If you want to start classes in 2023, apply to the University of Toronto and make sure your application is complete by the deadlines (external link). Please be aware that if your first choice at U of T is the program you wish to study, you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship. You can apply to multiple programs and be accepted into all of them. However, if you win the Pearson Scholarship, you will be able to attend only your first choice of the U of T program when our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once you have been nominated and have applied to the university, you can fill out the online application for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship.
Pearson Scholarships Deadlines
- The deadline for nominating a school is November 30, 2022.
- The application deadline for OUAC students is December 14, 2022. (Please keep in mind that this is the final day to submit an application to the OUAC.) However, you should apply to the OUAC before November 7, 2022, because spaces fill up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- The deadline for submitting an application for a student scholarship is January 16, 2023.