If you want to study in Canada on a scholarship, you should read this post all the way through. Because we will cover the University of Calgary Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth in this post.
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes the outstanding achievements of international students starting their undergraduate studies at the University of Calgary.
The University of Calgary provides its students with a world-class educational experience that prepares them for life achievement, as well as research to find solutions to society’s most difficult concerns.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution: University of Calgary
- Study in: Canada
- Deadline: Application closes Dec 1st.
- Program Period: According to the Bachelor’s program chosen
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Business.
- Faculty of Environmental Design.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Faculty of Social work.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- School of Education.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- For more information click here.
The following categories of University of Calgary scholarships exist:
- Energizing Canada Scholarship for International Entry: $20,000 (Renewable)
- Scholarship for International Students at the University of Calgary: $20,000. (Renewable)
All of the requirements listed below must be met by a candidate in order to be eligible for the University of Calgary Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
International Entrance Scholarship for Canada:
- Every year, one international student begins their first year of a bachelor’s degree program at the University of Calgary. The scholarship is renewable in the second, third, and fourth years at the University of Calgary as long as the beneficiaries maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 over a minimum of 24.00 units for the previous fall and winter terms.
- Quality in academics
- Need for money
- Must have completed high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, at an accredited institution
- Preference will be given to a student entering a bachelor’s program in engineering, business, health sciences, or urban studies.
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship:
- Offered every year to international undergraduate students who have met the university’s English language proficiency criteria and are beginning their first year of any undergraduate degree in the forthcoming autumn semester. The award is renewable in the second, third, and fourth years at the University of Calgary if awardees maintain a GPA of 2.60 or higher over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- Non-Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents who are International Students Must Pay a Differential Fee
- Academic excellence.
How to Apply for University of Calgary Scholarships?
In order to be considered for this scholarship, please submit your application in accordance with the following instructions:
- Apply to the university for the undergraduate program in which you are interested:
- You can start your application. To get started, you will need to make a UCalgary eID.
- Make use of the application instructions for assistance with the application that you are submitting.
- Please submit your application and ensure that the application cost of $145 has been paid.
- We will provide you with instructions on how and where to submit any required papers in your Calgary Student Center based on the application you have submitted. For further information, please look at the papers page.
Submit an Application for the Scholarship, and Be Sure to Follow These Steps:
- You can do so by navigating to the myUofC section of the website.
- Navigate to the Student Center on your computer to access the “My Financials” tab.
- Scroll all the way down to the “Awards & Scholarships” section, and then click on the link that says “Apply for Undergraduate Awards.” Please double-check that popups are enabled. The page will not display properly if pop-up windows are disabled.
- Your currently open applications, as well as those that have recently been closed, will be displayed in a pop-up window on your screen. It is critical that you pay close attention to the Application Available and Application Deadline dates.
Please visit the official website if you would like more information regarding the University of Calgary International Scholarship.