Leiden University Mandela Scholarship Fund. Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Mandela Scholarship Fund for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Leiden University, the Netherlands for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Mandela Scholarship is intended for students who want to study at Leiden University for one semester in order to extend their knowledge and contribute to the development of their country.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University Fund
Scholarship Type: Partial funding
Host Institution(s): Leiden University, Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University 2022/23 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be considered for the Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University, interested applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Permanent residents of South Africa.
- South African students, intend to return to South Africa and contribute to national development after their studies at Leiden University.
- Motivated to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution toward the development of South Africa.
- Enrolled at a South African University.
- Students must be willing to return to South Africa after their studies.
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance of € 1000 per month
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University are to submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University. Once admitted to an exchange/study abroad course, complete the Mandela scholarship application form.
Applicants are to submit their completed scholarship application form as a scanned email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the following documents:
- Exchange/study abroad admission letter from Leiden University
- Scholarship motivation letter.
- Recent transcript of records from your South African University.
- Up-to-date CV
- Photocopy of your valid passport(s).
- Two original letters of recommendation.
- Documentation showing the status of any grants you have applied for.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself in the Netherlands as the Mandela scholarship does not cover all expenses.
Application Deadline: 1 April and 1 October.