DAAD Stellenbosch University Mathematics Master & PhD Scholarships 2022: As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“, DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. DAAD fully funded scholarship
When is the Application Deadline:
15th June 2022
Tell Me About DAAD Stellenbosch University Mathematics Master & PhD Scholarships:
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
• Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Graduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
To achieve these long-term impacts, the following outcomes have been formulated as programme objectives:
Programme objective 1: Graduates have qualified to take over responsible positions in their, or for their, region of origin
Programme objective 2: The participation of women and underprivileged groups is reinforced
Programme objective 3: Organizational, financial and personal capacities of partner institutions are strengthened
Which Fields are Eligible?
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for DAAD Stellenbosch University Mathematics Master & PhD Scholarships?
• have successfully completed generally four-year university degree, equivalent to BSc Hons (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent, if applicable)
• clearly show motivation and strong commitment
• have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
• have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
• must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa)
• should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from other less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme
Which Countries are Eligible?
- The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa) with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses,
- in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships are aimed at students who want to participate in a study programme in a country of their home region (here: Sub-Saharan Africa/outside their home country and in the country for which they do not have a residence permit).
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Stellenbosch University by offering up to 5 In-Region scholarships for Master studies and up to 6 In-Region scholarships for PhD studies at Stellenbosch University for the intake 2023.
What is the Benefit of DAAD Stellenbosch University Mathematics Master & PhD Scholarships?
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition Fees* annually
- Study and research allowance annually
- Printing allowance once towards the end of scholarship
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.) monthly
- Travel allowance usually twice beginning/ end of scholarship)
How Long will the Program Last?
Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
• of the PhD programme is generally three years and is usually starting in January 2023
• of the Master programme is generally two years and is usually starting in January 2023.
How to Apply for DAAD Stellenbosch University Mathematics Master & PhD Scholarships:
It is important to go through all application requirements before applying.