Goethe Talents Scholarship 2022: Goethe-Institut is inviting interested persons to apply for the Goethe Talents Scholarship ahead of the Pop-Kultur Festival 2022.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2022
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany
About Goethe Talents Scholarship: Are you a young musician, composer, singer-songwriter, or instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country? Do you want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or with a booking agency, or want to use your music as more target-oriented? If you have made first experiences in your field already, Goethe Talents Scholarship will help you to reach the next level.
Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe Institut offers activities to experience Music City Berlin in the run-up to the Festival: Studio visits, jam sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions, and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities, such as visiting concerts will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur. Networking will be a big part of the experience.
Type: Short course
- All Goethe Talents Scholarship participants will have to prepare a short input talk of approximately 15 minutes in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their respective countries.
- Advanced English skills are crucial to attending the program, as there is no translation available (B2 minimum). Participants will be tested in advance by a local Goethe-Institut.
- Participants need work experience in the field of music and will have to provide proof of at least three projects they participated in.
- Participants should be willing to exchange and engage with a diverse group in the field of music production and performance.
- Participants should cover all additional expenses that might occur during their stay.
- All applications are for individual persons only. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the program.
Note: Participants who do not board their booked flights or cancel their program on short notice are obliged to reimburse Goethe-Institut and Musicboard Berlin for any expenses accrued.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Goethe Talents Scholarship:
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, and hospitality (per diem) for the period of 18 August to 29 August will be covered by the Goethe Institut.
- Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and help with visas.
- Additionally, Musicboard Berlin will give a free festival ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals of all talents, organize accommodation (breakfast included), and cover health insurance and public transportation within Berlin.
Duration of Award: August 18th to August 29th, 2022.
How to Apply for Goethe Talents Scholarship: Interested artists can apply here before 31 March.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
- GOOD LUCK!