Canada is a popular study destination for international students from all over the world, particularly for higher education programs such as Masters, Research, and PhDs. Did you know that you can almost certainly study in Canada on a full or partial scholarship? If you want to study for an MBA in Canada, you can choose from a variety of fully-funded as well as university scholarships to help you pay your tuition. Read this blog to discover the best MBA scholarships in Canada that you should not miss!
The Haskayne School of Business MBA entrance scholarship at the University of Calgary is intended to assist international students in overcoming obstacles on their way to becoming future leaders. This is one of the most well-known MBA scholarships in Canada for international students, and it is intended to attract high-achieving students from all over the world to the university. The following are the highlights of the Haskayne School of Business MBA in Canada Scholarships:
- Haskayne School of Business MBA Entrance Scholarship
- Value: 5750 CAD per year OR CAD 11,500 for the next two years
- Eligibility: All international daytime visa students are eligible for the award, which is based on merit and takes GPA and GMAT scores into account.
One of the primary reasons you should attend Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario is that it provides a variety of MBA scholarships in Canada, including some of the most competitive merit-based MBA scholarships in the country. The following are the key details of the IVEY MBA Scholarships:
- Ivery MBA Scholarships
- Value: The prizes range from CAD 10,000 to half-tuition.
- Eligibility: Among the selection criteria, which are based solely on merit and leadership qualities, are good work experience, leadership skills, academic performance, and high GMAT scores.
The Alberta School of Business at the University of Alberta offers a variety of MBA scholarships to deserving international students. These scholarships are typically available for the duration of the MBA program. Alberta MBA scholarships are valued at CAD10,000 (INR 599247), and basic eligibility requirements include outstanding academic achievements and a valid GMAT score.
Let’s take a look at the University of Alberta’s MBA scholarships in Canada:
Claude Winspear MBA Award
Students enrolled in a full-time MBA program at Alberta University who have demonstrated leadership abilities and academic credentials are eligible.
Michael Lang MBA Award
Another well-known MBA scholarship in Canada, it is only open to full-time MBA students.
AIMCo MBA Award
Full-time MBA students specializing in finance are eligible to apply each year.
The Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia offers its own brand of MBA scholarships in Canada for international students in order to attract future talent from around the world. International students with an exceptional academic record are eligible to apply for merit-based entrance scholarships at Sauder. Let us take a look at some of the best MBA scholarships in Canada:
Accelerated Career Scholarship
This scholarship is for people with great career potential, especially those who can set a good example and show how committed Sauder is to excellence.
Value: CAD5,000 – CAD10,000
Global Business Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship
This scholarship is for people who can make a lasting impression on the global brand of Sauder.
Value: CAD10,000 – CAD15,000
Students are chosen for these Sauder School of Business MBA scholarships using a “holistic” approach. This includes things like GMAT/GRE and GPA scores, as well as application essays, interview results, and so on.
Every year, approximately one-third of Rotman School of Management students receive entrance scholarships, fellowships, and prizes. The Rotman Scholarships are one of the most well-known MBA scholarships in Canada for international students, and they aim to overcome any financial barriers that eligible applicants may face when applying to the business school. Let us take a quick look at some of the Rotman School of Management’s MBA scholarships in Canada for international students.
FortÃ Foundation Scholarships
Candidates must show that they are great leaders and care about women and girls by being a mentor or getting involved in the community.
Rotman Entrance Awards and Fellowships
Value: Students in the Morning and Evening MBA programs are eligible for two types of common entrance awards:
All students admitted to the Rotman School of Management are automatically considered for Rotman Entrance Awards and Fellowships. Students, on the other hand, meet the MBA program’s admission requirements, which include English proficiency. TOEFL/IELTS exam results, GMAT scores, and an interview
The scholarship is given to the top student in the MGA/MBA program.
The Schulich School of Business at York University offers two types of MBA scholarships to international students to help finance their MBA studies. Having said that, many of these scholarships have a high monetary value, placing them among the most generous MBA scholarships in Canada. There are two kinds of scholarships:
The Schulich School of Business offers entrance MBA scholarships to full-time students who are chosen based on their academic achievements and/or merit.
- Scotiabank Scholarships in International Business
- Robert Krembil Scholarship of Merit
- Tanna H. Schulich MBA Entrance Scholarship
- Seymour Schulich MBA Entrance Scholarship
Continuing student awards
The applicants are chosen based on academic achievement as well as other basic criteria to determine who receives the award.
- Wigwamen Scholarship
- The Thomas Beck MBA Award
- Carol Anne Letheren Women’s MBA Award
- Sony of Canada MBA Scholarsh
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship is a well-known MBA scholarship in Canada that helps students pursue master’s and doctoral degrees. It is a merit-based scholarship provided by some of Ontario’s best universities. Because it is merit-based, the scholarship is also highly competitive and prestigious.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- Qualified Universities: University of Windsor, University of Waterloo, Carleton University, and York University
- Value: $5,000 per term, up to a maximum of $15,000 per academic year.
- Eligibility: The candidate must be enrolled in Graduate Studies at the master’s or doctoral level or be enrolled in a full-time program lasting two or more terms at a participating Ontario school.
How Do You Apply For An MBA Scholarship In Canada?
Applying for scholarships in other countries is simple. You can apply directly on the website of the business school. If you aren’t sure how to do something, you can also ask for help from the university’s administration department.
Follow these steps to apply for MBA scholarships in Canada:
- Visit the official websites of the universities.
- Recognize the eligibility requirements for the university scholarship.
- Collect all of the necessary documentation.
- Perform the necessary tests (GMAT, IELTS).
- The scholarship requires online registration and application.
- Wait for the university’s response.
MBA Eligibility in Canada
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a well-known college or university and have a grade point average that meets the minimum standard set by the university of choice.
- At least two to three years of work experience (though some schools might not require this).
- A valid GMAT or GRE score, as well as English language proficiency scores such as IELTS or TOEFL, are required.
- Recommendation Letters for Goals and Objectives (SOP) (LORs)