San Diego National University The main campus of the private institution known as the National University is located in San Diego, California. National University was founded in 1971 and now offers a wide range of academic degree programs on its many campuses in California, as well as through its satellite school in Nevada and other online programs. Adult students are the primary focus of the National University’s academic offerings.
Accreditation and approvals
National University has received approval from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition to WASC accreditation, National University is accredited in the following areas:
- Having received accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), the Nevada State Board of Education, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Accredited by the Board of Registered Nursing in the State of California (BRN), the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program has been given the go-ahead to be offered after receiving approval from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Having received approval from the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET),
- Having received approval from the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH),
The following are the four professional schools and two colleges that comprise National University:
- School of Humanities and Natural Sciences
- Sanford-based educational institution
- A business school with a focus on management
- The School of Computer Science and Engineering
- College of Medicine and the Humanities and Social Sciences
- School for Professional Education and Training
The university also has a Division of Extended Learning, which is in charge of continuing education, professional development programs, and a total of 23 different teacher certification and certificate programs. National University has provided over 100 online degree programs and approximately 1,500 online classes since 1996.
In 2021, the American Association of University Professors imposed sanctions on National University, threatening the university’s regional accreditation after the institution was found to have made a series of sweeping changes, including firing 50 full-time professors, six associate vice presidents, making unilateral changes to the school’s governance structure, and consolidating its libraries into a central library without meaningful consultation with the faculty.
Also Read: 2022 Fully Funded Mext Scholarship
National University San Diego has a high graduation rate.
The undergraduate graduation rate at National was 71 percent in the 2014 academic year, while the graduate graduation rate was 65 percent.
Locations of National University in San Diego
San Diego, CA 92123
7787 Alvarado Rd
La Mesa, CA 91941
16875 W Bernardo Dr
San Diego, CA 92127
9388 Lightwave Ave
San Diego, CA 92123
660 Bay Blvd #110
Chula Vista, CA 91910
9980 Carroll Canyon Rd
San Diego, CA 92131
Visit the National University in San Diego official website for more information about the school